|English Model Paper|
Instruction : Q. No. 1 to 60 are based on prescribed tesxts.
1. What is the situation when the writer goes to see the cinema ?
2. Who got tired of getting Ms. Greene do something for ecology ?
(A) Mr. Greene
(B) Mr. Willams
(D) Mr. Johnson
3. Everybody was astonished by Gillu’s antics and …….
4. The cinema also combines the cold ……… of science.
5. The Nobel Peace Prize to Aung San Suu Kyi was applauded ..
6. The old woman is a daughter of ………
7. ……….. is common in all cultures.
8. When people started fighting, Akoulya and Malasha started to dig a ………..
9. The source of light in the evening in villages is the ……..
10. The speaker in the poem Ode on Solitude wants to live……
(D) All of these
11. The polythene bag never gets ………… in the earth..
12. Health and virtue can be found in the ……….
(C) Countryside ;
13. ………… broods on the banks of the river.
14. The rich man wanted the eighth pot to be filled with …….
15. Fleas and ……… infest the body of the porter.
(B) Flies ;
16. Martha’s beauty would ……….. as her voice ran out.
17. Halku warmed himself by burring some …………
18. Allergy is a malfunction of the human ………. System.
19. During the first year of imprisonment, the lawyer played the ………… .
20. The author knew Mr. Gessler since his ……….
(C) Extreme youth
21.A…….. was organized at the house of Sun and moon.
22. The daughter in Two Horizons’ performed her duty without a word of ……..
23. The narrator in ‘Love Defiled’ was a ………. man.
24. Aung San Suu Kyi could not accept the Nobel Peace Prize herself because she was in ……
25. An Indian film should steer clear of ………
26. Gillu was buried under the ……… plant.
27. How does the author in ‘The Pace for Living’ describe himself as a thinker ?
28. Aung San Suu Kyi fought for ……. from tyranny. :
29. The spirit of …….. has kept Indian culture intact.
30. Akoulya’s mother hit Malasha at the back of her.
31. Who consoles at noon in ‘God Made the Country’?:
32. The koel hides among the …… leaves.
33.The…………. give a happy man shade.
34. The author tried to feed gillu some ……..
35. Where did the author in ‘The Pace for Living’ see a play
: (D) Birininham
36. …….. were burnt by Mr. Willianis.
37. The Koel is desperately looking his
38. ‘The demon Desire now made him mad’ is from
(A) The Empty Heart
(C) Thinner Than a Crescent
39. When Martha told her stories, the children stared at her with
40. The porter is the proud conqueror of
41. The poem “The Empty Heart” highlights man’s insatiable
42. “I am restless. Where is my Beloved ?” is from
(C) Thinner Than a Crescent
(D) Ode on Solitude
43. Katherine Mansfield followed in the footsteps of
(A) Leo Tolstoy
(B) T.S. Eliot
(C) Anton Chekov
(D) Jane Austen
44. ‘Two Horizons’ written by Binapati Mohanty has been translated into English by
(A) Mahadevi Verma
(B) Nissim Ezekiel
(C) Jayanta Mahapatra
(D) Shiv K. Kumar
45. ‘It was so typical of her – writty to the hilt, understanding to a fault’ – is from
(A) January Night
(B) Love Detiled
(D) Two Horizons
46. ‘What I say is, give up this tenant farming’-Why does Munni say this ?
(A) Because they were poor
(B) Because they were lazy
(C) Because the master would threaten and insult thein
(D) Because they were farmers
47. The author in ‘Quality’ wanted Mr. Gessler to make him a pair of ……….. leather boots.
48. Why was there no one to look after Sun and Moon ?
(A) All were travelling
(B) All were busy making preparations for a party
(C) All were sleeping
(D) All were eating
49. “Eager and anxiously he shamelessly took…………” What did the man take ?
(A) Gold coins
(B) Fancy clothes
(C) Beautiful gems
50. Vidyapati was born in
51. Halku wanted to save himself and his pet dog Jabra from thè biting
52. Allergy causes a violent………….. against normally harmless substances in our environment.
53. The banker in ‘The Bet’ had given a party ………. years back.
54. What disability did the woman have in ‘Once Upon a Time! ?
55. The common characteristic of all cultures is
56. If the Indian film nakers keep their ………. open, they are sure to make good films.
57. Akoulva’s and Malasha’s mothers …………. with each .. other.
(A) sat .
58. Some ………. people visited the old woman in ‘Once Upon a Time’.
59. The corn-merchant was getting ……….. by his nephew in The Pace for Living’.
(A) beaten up
Directions ( Q. No. 61-66 ) : Choose the correct option of the following :
60. Mr. Johnson tells Jim that driving his motorbike causes …….. pollution,
61. Active voice of : ‘The story is told by my uncle.’
(A) My uncle telling the story.
(B) My uncle will tell the story.
(C) My uncle tells the story.
(D) My uncle has told the story.
62. Passive Voice of : ‘Please help me’
(A) You are requested to help me.
(B) You are ordered to help me. .
(C) You are told to help me.
(D) You are telling to help me.
63. Active Voice of : ‘A car had to be bought by Atul.’
(A) Atul was to buy a car.
(B) Atul had to buy a car.
(C) Atul may buy a car.
(D) Atul will have to buy a car.
64. Passive Voice of: ‘We expect good news.’
(A) We will be expected good news.
(B) Expected the good news by us. ,
(C) Good news had to be expected by us.
(D) Good news is expected by us.
65. Active voice of: ”I was made to laugh.” is
(A) Laughing is me
(B) Me is laughed
(C) He made me laugh
(D) He should be laugh
66. Passive voice of: ‘A reply must be sent’. is
(A) You must send a reply
(B) You have sent a reply
(C) You can send reply
(D) Replying by you is must
Direction ( Q. No. 67-72 ) : Choose the indirect speech of the given sentences.
67. Sarita said to me, “I saw you going to the market yesterday!
(A) Sarita asked me that she saw me going to the market yesterday.
(B) Sarita told me that she had seen me going to the market the previous day.
(C) Sarita said that she saw me going yesterday to the market.
(D) Sarita asked if I was going to the market yesterday.
68. Rahim says, “I must do it.”
(A) Rahim told that he will do it.
(B) Rahim said that he has to do it.
(C) Rahim says that he must do it.
(D) Rahim says that he had done it.
69. He said to me, “Please lend me your pen.”
(A) He requested me to lend him my pen
(B) He said to lend him his pen
(C) He told that he wanted his pen
(D) He said that he wants the pen
70. Upendra said, “I am going home.”
(A) Upendra told that he went home.
(B) Upendra ‘answered that he goes home.
(C) Upendra said that he was going home.
(D) Upendra said that he is going home.
71. They said to us, “Good evening.”
(A) They asked us to say good evening
(B) They wished us good evening
(C) They wanted to wish good evening
(D) They were asking to wish good evening
72. He said, “I am ill today.”
(A) He said that he was ill that day
(B) He says that he has been ill
(C) He is saying that he is ill today
(D) He will say that he was ill
Direction ( Q. No. 73-79 ) : Choose the correct form of verb.
73. The girl has ………. mie a picture.
(C) been sending
74. He ………. for Daltonganj next week. .
(B) has left
(C) is leaving
(D) had left
75. Sita has just ………. Out.
76. I saw him ………. for you.
(C) had waited .
(D) will wait
77. We shall get wet if it …….. .
(A) rains .
(D) will rains
78. The train usually ……… at 9 am. :
(B) will arrive
79. While the child played, the mother ………. the food.
(C) will cooking
(D) had cook
Direction ( Q. No. 80-86 ) : Choose the most suitable preposition.
80. He distributed sweets ……….. his friends..
81. The servant put …….. the light.
82. He objected………
(C) of .
83. Aim ………. dọing your work.
84. The band will play ……….. request,
85. Let us hope ………. the best.
86. We got ………. difficulties.
Direction ( Q. No. 87-93 ) : Choose the correctly spelt word.
Direction ( Q. No. 94-100 : Choose the most suitable translate.
94. मैं यह पुस्तक पढ़ चुका हूं।
(A) I have been reading this book.
(B) I am reading this book.
(C) I have read this book.
(D) I read this book.
95. सुबह में टहलना लाभदायक है।
(A) Walking is good in the morning.
(B) Walking in the morning is beneficial.
(C) Good is walking in the morning.
(D) Morning walking is useful.
96. इस फल को मत खाओ।
(A) Eat not this fruit.
(B) Not eat this fruit.
(C) Don’t eat this fruit.
(D) Don’t eating this fruit.
97. कमरे की खिड़की खोल दो।
(A) Open the windows of the room.
(B) Windows let be opened of the room.
(C) Open the room’s window
(D) Open the room of the window.
98. बच्चे रोज शतरंज खेलते हैं।
(A) Children will be playing chess everyday
(B) Chess is being played everyday.
(C) Children play chess everyday
(D) Everyday chess played by children
99. कृपया बैठ जाएं।
(A) You are asked to sit down
(B) Sit down please
(C) Request you to sit down
(D) You should sit down 100.
100 उसने मुझे भारत के बारे में कहानियां सुनाइ।
(A) He told me stories about India
(B) He used to tell me stories about India
(C) Told stories about India by him
(D) He tell stories about India